I was thrilled to see 149 this week! Ok it was 149.8, but it still counts right 😉 It was so fun to be out of the 150’s. I have lost 3 pounds in the last 2 weeks and finally got past by plateau!!
It’s been a little hectic around here lately. I am directing the musical at our local elementary school. Auditioning 65 kids and casting 80 has been quite the challenge. It’s always difficult logistically and creatively to begin something like this, but now that we are underway with rehearsals I can take a breath! It will get hectic again once we get closer to the actual performances but that’s not for a few months.
Having said that, I’ve had to rely on a lot of drive-thru Sue options these last few weeks.
1. I made an oldie but goodie recipe this week that my family loved!! Chicken Carbonara with bacon and broccoli. It was quick and easy and hit the spot!!
- 1 package turkey bacon
- 1 package dreamfield's spaghetti noodles
- frozen diced broccoli
- 2-3 T butter
- ¼ c. parm cheese (green can works best)
- 1 egg
- 6-7 diced,cooked, seasoned chicken tenderloins (I used italian & garlic seasonings)
- Cook in bacon on a cookie sheet in the oven @ 400 degrees for about 15 minutes
- Boil pasta
- Cook, season, and dice chicken
- Strain Pasta
- While pasta is still hot, mix in raw egg (the heat of the pasta cooks it, but stir fast bc you don't want egg pieces), butter, parm cheese
- Cook broccoli (optional)
- Dice bacon
- Add chicken, broccoli, and bacon to pasta and mix together
- Serve with a side salad and some yummy italian dressing
2. For Valentine’s Day I made the chocolate berry wedding cheesecake (p. 332). Cheesecake is always a hit and it was so tasty!!
3. Mixed berry triple 000 yogurt with raspberries and a sprinkling of Lily’s chocolate chips- it’s not a recipe, per se, but it has been one of my favorite snacks lately.
Other Tried and True Recipes:
My wonderful mother was here this week helping with the musical and she made The Bust A Myth Banana Cake (p.298 in the new book). She also made the first THM dessert we fell in love with- The Cheesecake Berry Crunch (p.352 in the new book, also in the old book). Sadly, we didn’t get pics but they are both tasty!!
Tips for the Week:
1. I broke up with my scale this week! Well not really but I went a whole week without weighing. I was weighing everyday because I wanted to see my progress, but it was frustrating and didn’t reflect my actual progress. When I don’t weigh daily, I find that I focus more on how I feel and how I fit in my clothes and I can focus on the week as a whole. I’ve also been measuring and have lost 1/2 inch in my waist!! A lot of THMers don’t see progress on the scale, but they lose inches and fit better in their clothes.
2. I measure my nuts. I know, I know, we don’t count calories and I don’t but sometimes when I eat nuts I go, well “nuts”! I find that counting out 16 mixed nuts when I want a nut snack helps me stay in control of my portions. It’s better than doing without them completely!!
3. I have talked about limiting my desserts and I think I’ve finally found a balance. I still eat dessert 2-3 times a day because that is a very fun part of this plan, in my opinion, but I have been better about controlling my portions. I try and save any Heavy S desserts for the afternoon and have a lighter dessert after dinner. My go to is the salted caramel gluccie pudding (p. 351 new book). It’s so important to find yummy FP desserts you like so you don’t go overboard on the heavy S desserts.
Goals for this next week:
1. Add in some new exercise. I’ve been loving my Jillian Michael workouts but now that the weather is getting warmer I’m going to get out and take more walks and ride my bike. Changing it up from time to time is always a good idea & I love that we can enjoy sunshine again;) – is anyone else experiencing Spring Fever?!!
2. Drink More! I am not great at drinking enough during the day and it leaves me feeling sluggish and sometimes I eat more at meals than I should because I don’t drink enough. I’m going to focus on drinking my GGMS’s, singing canaries, TRUE raspberry lemonade, and water. I also enjoy a Zevia cream soda at night sometimes.
What are your goals for the week? What tips do you have? I’d love to hear how you’re doing 😉
Big Taste Trim Waist now has a facebook page! If you like what you read here, please go and “like” us to get blog updates and blog updates from other wonderful THM bloggers. Happy THMing!!