Happy belated Easter everyone! My friend always had a saying, “Plans are What you Make and Life is What Happens!” So I planned to do the Stubborn Loser Menu, but I got some fun unexpected company and then have been dealing with health issues, so yeah, life happened, but it’s ok. I’m not going to beat myself up about it, I’m just going to move forward. I took a hiatus from exercising and have started that up again which feels great! There are only 2 months until summer break, isn’t that crazy? So I’m determined to get into a size 6 by the time summer rolls around
For Easter, we had 2 yummy on plan desserts which are 2 new favorites of mine now
1. I added all the lemon juice from one lemon, and added 3/4 c. whipped cream to the frosting ingredients
2. After I baked it, I poked holes in it with a straw and filled the holes w/ frosting and a touch of lemon juice to make it more moist
3. I found it best to put it in the freezer before serving .
Here is my version from my 1 year old’s bday- he loved it!!
Almond Joys: These are so easy and so good!!
My version- we ate all but 1 before I had a chance to take a pic !!
Another Favorite Recipe for the week:
Leftover zucchini lasagna mixed with gluccie noodles- easy and yummy!!
Favorite Tips for the week:
1. Listen to your body & be in tune to it’s needs:
When I wake up in the morning, I can usually tell what my body needs to get me going for the day. If I feel sluggish, I eat an E meal. If I still feel sluggish, I make a protein shake too. If I ate more calories the night before than usual, I begin my day with some eggs and butter. I do the same with lunch. I was having crazy cravings the other day and realized I had not eaten enough E meals for the week. My body was missing some key nutrients because I was depriving myself of E meals. I didn’t do it consciously, but when I stopped to think about my week, this is what I noticed. Once I ate a few E meals, my cravings were gone. Our bodies are amazingly smart at telling us what they need, we just need to listen
2. Find some FP desserts you LOVE! I have shared this before, but when I have FP desserts on hand I love, I do so much better. I really like the salted caramel gluccie pudding, and the gummies made with Bai or Vitamin water instead of just water. I also love wasa crackers these days If I eat a FP dessert at night, I feel so much better the next day than after eating a heavy S dessert (I try and save those for afternoon indulgences
Goals for the week:
1. exercise 4 times
2. start on one of the freestyling menus from the THM website (I’ll work my way up to the stubborn loser menu)
What are your goals for the week? What are your tips?