I’ve mentioned before how my crockpots are some of my favorite kitchen appliances. I love that I can throw lunch or dinner in when I have time and then it’s ready for meal time. These days my schedule is especially busy, so I’ve been really utlizing my mini crockpot for lunches. At breakfast, I throw in a piece of salmon or tilapia with sesasonings and veggies or some chicken tenderloins and I have some cooked meat by lunchtime that I can use on salads, in wraps, as a soup, or to be eaten with some warm veggies on the side.
In case you need a visual, here is my mini crockpot:
I purchased mine at Target, but you can also get it off of Amazon.
Just this last week here are the lunches I cooked in my mini crockpot:
*Note: Do not cook broccoli in a crockpot or it will stink your house up terribly! I learned this the hardway;)
1. Mexican chicken (FP)- Frozen chicken tenderloins, salsa, laughing cow cheese
2. Salmon (S)- salmon filet, sweetener packet, hot mustard, green beans
3. Chicken Bacon Soup (FP or S)- Bacon, chicken broth, red peppers, chicken tenderloins, laughing cow cheese wedge, a small scoop of 1/3 reduced fat cream cheese- ate this as a soup and then the next day ate it over konjac noodles.
4. Tilapia and green beans (FP or S)- Tilapia, pesto, basil, green beans- cooked on low
5. Garlic Chicken (FP)- Frozen chicken tenderloins, garlic powder- that was it! I used it to put on top of a salad and ate some for a snack later
6. Chicken and Sweet Potatoes (E)- Chicken tenderloins and sweet potatoes- A fabulous quick and easy E meal;)
I’m sure there are several options you can try. Have you used a mini crockpot before? What is a favorite meal you have cooked in it?
Crockpot Dinner Ideas:
1. Sweet Potato Chili (E)- I had some cooked ground meat in the freezer and threw this in the crockpot along with all the other ingredients needed for the chili. I came home from church to a house smelling like homecooked chili and we were ready to eat in literally 5 minutes!
2. Spicy Cheesy Chicken (FP or S)- Rotel, large spoonful of 1/3 reduced fat cream cheese, chicken tenderloins, chicken broth- this combo is pretty amazing! Our favorite way to eat it is in a low carb wrap with some spinach.
3. White Enchiladas (S)- Chicken tenderloins, sour cream, reduced fat cream cheese, handful of mozarella cheese, a small can of green chilis, chicken broth- throw this mixture in some warm low carb tortillas and you have a quick, tasty, enchilada. You could even wrap up the fixings, sprinkle some cheese on the top and broil for a few minutes if you want them more like an enchilada;)
4. Italian chicken (FP)- italian seasonings like basil and oregano, chicken broth, chicken tenderloins, plan approved italian dressing- serve over spaghetti squash noodles or zucchini noodles
5. Parmesan chicken (FP or S)- chicken tenderloins, plan approved marinera sauce, mozerella cheese- you can throw in some veggies too or eat it with a side salad
*NOTE: When a meal is labeled as FP or S, it means that the meal can be considered FP as long as you don’t add too much fat to it. If you use a lot of cheese or other source of fat, then it goes into S territory.
There are truly numerous possibilities! These are just some of my favorite. Do you have any favorite crock pot meals? Pearl and Serene also give a lot of crockpot ideas in the book so be sure to check those out as well.
Here are some more crockpot ideas!
Stacy Makes Cents Crockpot Meal Ideas
Pinterest Crockpot Meals