I LOVE FP snacks- you don’t have to worry too much about if you had an E breakfast and you’re going to have a S lunch or vice versa, you can have these even at the 2 1/2 hour mark and you’re golden. I keep a list of my favorite FP snacks on the fridge to eat with a meal if I’m still not full yet or I’ll pick a few for a good filling snack
Here are my fave FP snacks:
1. 2 boiled egg whites, a small diced tomato, light laughing cow cheese, basil (fresh when I have it on hand), on top of 1/2 Joseph’s pita or just boiled egg whites with salt and pepper
2. 1/4 c. cottage cheese w/ a few strawberries and ff reddi whip on top
3. Protein shake- 1 T. Peanut flour, 1 c. almond milk, 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, 1/2 tsp. coconut extract, 2 drops liquid stevia, handful of spinach, handful of ice- so yummy and so satisfying. The protein really helps with the hunger!
4. A slice of lean deli meat wrapped around a dill pickle spear, sometimes I eat two of these;)
5. Hot cocoa w/ Cinnamon dippers
6. About 7 almonds w/ light string cheese
7. 1/2 Joseph’s pita nuked for about 50 sec., broken into chips, served w/ LC cheese and salsa or about 1/4 c. cott cheese and salsa
8. 1/2 c. greek yogurt w/ TRUE cherry limeade or TRUE mango peach drink packet mixed in w/ a little ff reddi whip on top
9. 1/4 c. cottage cheese w/ a small sliced tomato and some italian seasoning
10. Lemon Muffin in a bowl- Follow the directions for the MIB (THM p. 258) & replace cocoa w/ vanilla protein powder, use 1/2 juice of lemon or 1/2 tsp. lemon extract), put a squirt of reddi whip on top
11. Pre-washed green beans or sugar snap peas w/ some humus
What are your favorite FP snacks?
Just be sure when you are eating a FP snack in between a meal that you do not food stack. To avoid this choose a small snack to get you through to the next meal
Here are some more FP snack ideas: